How to Offer Tele-Healing or Remote Healing Services Online.
In our fast-paced, modern world, it can be difficult to find time to visit holistic doctors or healers for every little thing that comes up. Luckily, there is a growing trend of remote healing, or tele-healing, which allows patients to receive healing services from a wellness practitioner without being in the same room.
This type of healing can be just as effective as in-person healing, and it has a number of additional benefits. For one thing, it is much more convenient, as there is no need to take time out of your busy schedule to travel to an appointment. It is also ideal for those who live in remote areas or who have difficulty leaving their home. In addition, remote healing can often be done at a lower cost than in-person appointments. As more and more people turn to remote healing for their wellness needs, it is clear that this modality has a lot to offer.
As a wellness practitioner, you may be wondering how to offer remote healing services, or "tele-healing." There are a few things to keep in mind when offering tele-healing services.
First, it is important to create a safe and sacred space for your client. This may mean setting up a dedicated healing room in your home or office, or simply clearing a space in your own living area.
Next, you will need to establish clear boundaries with your client. It is important that they understand that this is a professional relationship and that they respect your time and space. It is important to set strict limits on the time and frequency of contact, as well as what information will be shared.
Next, you will need to establish clear communication with your client. This means being available by phone, email, or video chat in order to answer any questions they may have. Let’s examine each option in more detail.
Providing holistic healing services via phone.
There's no doubt that phone consultations are a great way to provide remote healing and wellness services. They're convenient, efficient, and can be done from the comfort of your own home. But there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure your phone consultations are as effective as possible. First, it's important to create a comfortable and distraction-free environment for both yourself and your client. This means silencing your cell phone notifications, closing any windows or doors that might create background noise, and making sure you won't be interrupted during the call. Second, be sure to schedule enough time for the consultation. Rushing through a session will only lead to frustration and ineffective results. Give the client your undivided attention, even if they aren’t able to see you.
Providing holistic healing services via online video calls.
Video consultations are becoming more popular for wellness practitioners in a variety of modalities. They allow professionals to scale their practices to reach more people, and make a more personable connection. Follow these best practices to ensure your tele-healing video consultation is a success.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection. High speed Wi-Fi is ideal, but if that's not possible, make sure to use a laptop or tablet with a strong data signal.
- Use a laptop or a desktop computer rather than your phone. The quality of the image and sound will be much higher and will enhance your session.
- Use proper equipment with your video tool to make sure you don’t compromise the quality of your healing. For example, if you are using singing bowls for sound healing, make sure your computer’s microphone is producing quality sound for the client on the other end.
- Make sure your computer’s camera is clear and your room is well lit so your clients can get a clear picture of you.
- Make yourself familiar with all the functions of the tool you are using so you don’t waste your client’s time on tech difficulties.
How to choose the right Tele-Healing tool for your remote sessions?
There are a number of different tele-healing tools available, and choosing the right one for your needs can be a challenge. If you are a wellness practitioner who is looking to offer remote healing services, here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the right tele-healing tool for your practice - the type of modality you are practicing, ability to host group or individual sessions, options to chat during the session and share any additional information via images or files. Here are some of the top choices on the market today and a quick comparison between them:
- Zoom - one of the most popular services used widely by corporations and wellness practitioners alike. First, you'll need to sign up for a Zoom account. Then, schedule a session which will provide you with a unique link to share with your client. When it's time for the session, simply click on the link and enter the meeting ID. Note, Zoom’s free account only allows up to 40 minute sessions, so most likely you will need a Zoom Pro account to offer your services. The annual fee for the Pro account is $149 and it is limited to 100 participants. If you host group sessions that are widely attended, you might need to upgrade to the next level of subscription. Explore more Zoom features and pricing to see if this tool is right for you.
- Google Meet - another popular option that is directly integrated with Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Workspace. The Business Starter package is charged monthly at $6 per user and is also limited at 100 participants. The free account is also an option, with a maximum of 60 min sessions allowed.
- Heallist provides its own Tele-Healing tool, embedded right in your account. The major advantage of this tool is that it is directly connected to your Heallist profile page and your online Booking tool. It can seamlessly schedule virtual sessions without you logging into another service and adding your appointments manually. Once your client books an appointment through Heallist, be it a private session or a group class, you both receive the link to connect. It is included in Heallist monthly packages and is built specifically for holistic wellness practitioners just like you!
Note: f your practice requires a HIPPA compliant video tool, there are variety of tele-medicine software on the market, which would be more pricey than the options above due to the additional requirements.
Try out these tools and decide what best fits into your work process and your budget. You are able to test most of them to get a feeling of the experience. The Heallist Tele-healing tool is free for 30 days, so you can fully evaluate it.
Finally, remember that tele-healing is not a replacement for traditional medical care, but it can be a powerful complement to it. If you are interested in offering remote healing services, be sure to do your research and understand how to adjust your practice based on your specific modality.
Once you have established these things, you will be well on your way to offering remote healing services that are both safe and effective.