A Holistic Practitioner's Guide to Embracing & Automating Online Payments
As a holistic practitioner, helping your clients achieve balance and wellness is your top priority. But, as a business owner, you need to manage administrative tasks such as accepting payments. With the rise in popularity of online transactions, it's essential that you offer your clients the option to pay for your services online. In this blog, we'll provide a step-by-step guide on how to accept online payments and examine the various solutions available, including Heallist’s own integration with Stripe. By implementing these strategies, you can streamline your payment processes and provide added convenience for your clients.
Step 1: Determine which payment services work best for your business
In the realm of online payment solutions, holistic practitioners encounter a distinct choice between standalone payment providers such as PayPal and Venmo, and the integrated or embedded payment platforms exemplified by Square and Stripe. While standalone options offer simplicity and familiarity, integrated platforms seamlessly blend payment processing with holistic practice management, offering a holistic experience in its own right. In this context, Heallist's integration with Stripe stands out as a compelling solution, merging the convenience of embedded payments with a specialized focus on holistic practices.
Read on for a detailed comparison of four popular options: PayPal, Venmo, Square, and Stripe (with Heallist integration).
- Standalone and integrated with major providers
- Widely recognized and accepted globally.
- Offers various integration options, including buttons, APIs, and checkout links.
- Provides seller protection and dispute resolution services.
- Accepts major credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal balances.
- Offers mobile payment options through PayPal Here.
- Trusted and well-established brand.
- User-friendly interface for both practitioners and clients.
- Multilingual support for international transactions.
- Standard Transaction Fee: 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- Micropayments Fee (for transactions under $10): 5% + $0.05 per transaction
- Transaction fees may be relatively higher.
- PayPal's account freezing and fund withholding policies have led to some disputes.
- Popular stand alone peer-to-peer payment platform, particularly among younger users.
- Linked to social media, allowing users to share payments and transactions.
- Offers instant transfers to linked bank accounts.
- Simplified payment process, especially for mobile transactions.
- Appeals to a younger demographic.
- Personal Payments (debits cards and bank transfers): Free
- Business Payments: 1.9% + $0.10 per transaction
- Primarily designed for person-to-person payments.
- Limited features for businesses and practitioners.
- Limited international availability.
- Offers a range of products, including point-of-sale systems and online payment solutions.
- Provides APIs and plugins for website integration (requires technical knowledge).
- Suitable for both in-person and online transactions.
- Versatile tools including appointment scheduling and inventory management.
- Transparent pricing with various plans to choose from.
- Online Transactions: 2.6% + $0.30 per transaction
- In-Person Transactions (using Square Reader): 2.6% + $0.10 per transaction
- May require additional hardware for in-person transactions.
- Transaction fees might be higher for lower-volume businesses.
- Requires technical set up and integration
Stripe (with Heallist integration)
- Seamlessly integrated within your account.
- Direct payouts, connected to your bank account or a debit card.
- Supports various client payment methods, including credit cards, digital wallets, and ACH transfers.
- Offers advanced fraud prevention and security features.
- Highly customizable to align with your holistic practice's needs.
- Online Transactions: 2.9% + $0.30 per successful transaction
- Typically requires technical expertise for initial setup. However, when you use Stripe with your integrated Heallist account, no technical expertise is needed. Instead of navigating the complexities of establishing online payment functionalities independently, you can leverage Heallist's integrated solution to effortlessly accept payments. This integration eliminates the need to invest valuable time and resources in technical setup, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
- Learn more in our detailed online guide.
Conclusion: Choosing the right online payment solution for your holistic practice depends on your specific requirements and preferences. PayPal, Venmo, Square, and Stripe each have their own strengths and weaknesses. PayPal and Venmo offer simplicity and user familiarity, while Square provides a comprehensive suite of tools. Stripe, on the other hand, is already seamlessly integrated into your Heallist account and allows you to use top tier provider without any set up costs. Carefully assess your needs, consider transaction fees, security, integration options, and ease of use to determine which platform aligns best with your holistic practice's goals and clientele.
Step 2: Set up an online account
Once you've chosen a payment provider, set up an online account with them. This will allow you to access their payment platform and start accepting payments. As part of the registration process, you may be required to provide personal and business information, such as your social security number, business name, and tax ID number. It's important to have this information readily available to streamline the registration process. When using Stripe with your Heallist account, simply click on Setup Payments option from your Billing page, and we’ll guide you through the process.
Step 3: Integrate online payment services with your website
To make online payment services available to your clients, you'll need to integrate them with your website. This can be done by adding a payment link or button to your website's payment page, which directs clients to your payment service provider's platform. You can also opt to embed the payment form directly on your website, allowing clients to pay without leaving your site. Your payment service provider should have detailed instructions on how to integrate their services with your site.
Step 4: Communicate payment policy with clients
It's important to clearly communicate your payment policy with clients. This includes how payments can be made and any associated fees or costs. Be sure to include this information on your website, as well as in any client agreements or contracts. By communicating your payment policy upfront, you'll avoid confusion and potential issues down the line.
Step 5: Secure client and payment information
When accepting online payments, it's crucial to prioritize security. Ensure your payment provider has proper encryption to safeguard client payment information. You'll also want to make sure your website is secure, with appropriate security measures in place to protect client information. By prioritizing security, you'll create trust with clients and protect both their personal and financial information.
By following these steps, you can accept online payments as a holistic practitioner with ease.
The seamless integration of Heallist with Stripe offers you a significant advantage by streamlining the online payment setup process. Instead of navigating the complexities of establishing online payment functionalities independently, you can leverage Heallist's integrated solution to instantly accept payments. Create your FREE account now.
Offering online payment services to your clients not only streamlines your processes but also provides added convenience for your clients. By prioritizing security and clear communication, you'll create trust with clients and cultivate strong relationships. So, take the leap and embrace online payment services. Your business and clients will thank you.